At about age two I started to suspect that
something wasn’t right. She didn’t talk. She rarely cried. She didn’t
walk or even crawl. Doctors kept telling me that all
children progress at their own pace and some just took longer. They said one
day she’ll just decide …
Six years ago, she hit an all-time low in her
life. Her anxiety was debilitating. She
was often aggressive. I had to take her out of school because she would attack
her teacher. She would occasionally attack me in the vehicle or try and jump out.
She often hit people who came to close or tried to talk to her. I mostly stayed
home with her or took her to my work with me.
At the advice of a physiologist I put her on
medication. It made everything 100X worse. Now we had aggression and side
effects! Sore muscles, insomnia, not being able to eat, and the anxiety was way
worse! I gave her supplements but she would only swallow one pill and hide the
rest.
No
wonder that four years ago, when a friend of mine posted on FaceBook about how
essential oils were helping to support her autistic daughter, I was all ears. I
had no idea what essential oils even were, but I would have tried anything at
that point.
![]() |
| Summer of 2017 |
My friend told me how the oils could help calm
and relax and how essential oil molecules were small enough to cross the blood
brain barrier. Most drugs can only mask symptoms and not help with the root
problem. I loved the thought of being able to diffuse or apply an oil topically
and not have to try and get her to swallow another pill.
To say
the least, I was sold. Honestly, I would have tried almost anything at that
point. Fast forward three and a half years and our life looks very different.
My
daughter has gone from not wanting to be within 10 feet of anyone, barely
speaking, being fearful all the time, and needing constant one on one support,
to loving people and being excited to hang out with her friends. Her speech has
improved dramatically and her support workers are constantly telling me how
amazed they are at the changes they see in her.
I am forever grateful for this company, these
products, for the hope that was given to us in the form of tiny drops of oils.
Click Here to learn more about essential oils.


No comments:
Post a Comment